Soothe and Calm Your Patients with CBD
Undergoing a dental procedure is no fun. Many patients endure severe anxiety before and during a procedure. After an invasive procedure like a root canal or tooth extraction, pain and discomfort can linger for days.
CBD Is a Welcome Alternative to Opioids
Pharmaceuticals are necessary for virtually all dental procedures, but there can be downsides to synthetic drugs, especially painkillers and sedatives.
Furthermore, patients are typically on their own prior to a visit to the dentist and receive nothing to soothe their anxiety. During and after a painful dental procedure, patients are generally prescribed opioid-based pain relievers. The trouble with opioids is they are associated with genuine risks and negative side effects:
- Potentially habit-forming/addictive
- Toxicity that can result in accidental overdose
- Grogginess, inability to be productive
- Trouble with digestion/constipation
CBD offers clear advantages to patients without the risks and side effects associated with opioids:
- Virtually no negative side effects or risk of addiction
- Calms patients before a visit to the dentist
- Soothes pain and swelling
- Reduces inflammation
- Promotes restful sleep